Monday, April 27, 2015

What inspired me to make this wrist cuff

 “ It is the same in human life; there is in man likewise a fate that lends power to his life “~ Wilhelm

Refrigerators convey much about a person, and yes I am giving you privy to a peek at mine xxoo.

Likewise an artist's past works convey much about their current works. With that in mind I would like to take you on a wee tour.

 Perhaps better recognized "as what inspired me to make this cuff" 


This cuff is currently marketed with artistic partner Ricky Wolbrom of EDM Designs. It has been a decade collaborative exchange effort with my textile "fleshing out" and EDM's signature embellishments, concepts and marketing. Together we have branded a stunning steampunk accessory line and built a wonderful friendship. 


Historically I am inspired to make charms and drop charm armatures by example of the Victorian "chatelaine"
_______________________




chatelaine
[shat-l-eyn; French shahtuh-len
a hooklike clasp or a chain for suspending keys, trinkets, scissors, awatch, etc., worn at the waist by women. a woman's lapel ornament resembling this.
_________________________________

A few of my archived  chatelaine inspired samples
[yes you can click on the images for larger view}



Those of you that know me recognize my love for paper goods and the nontraditional mix of charms with paper was an easy delight to me.





You might also know of my love for textiles hence "why not"  paper, charm with textile an even more splendid level of assembling.


As for the cuff .... this is where the meld continues.

Redundant because most of you know of my 2011 published tutorial, however it is good example that I am still on this path, 

 notice the bird focal, tis similar build with the incorporation of the chatelaine nuance



and beyond too of course



I hope you enjoyed the tour and have an inspired rest of your day. 














2 comments :